The first Indie music Video I have taken a look at is "Changing of the Seasons" - Two Door Cinema Club. The first thing that I notice about this music video is that that every single shot in the music video is black & white. After a further bit of research, I found out that this is not the only indie music video to feature this, and that black and white music videos actually conform to typical music videos of the indie music genre.
One thing that struck me as quite intriguing is that the band actually feature as the actors in their music video, as I find that a lot of the time now, artists like to hire high budget directors and actors to make a music video with a clear narrative and this is very easily achieved with high quality actors who can sell a story with their actions on screen. For about a minute or so at the start of the video, we are watching what looks like the band attending a press conference or hearing of some sort and the first question we hear addresses the band which is the cue for at which point the song starts to play. Recently, a lot of artists have been incorporating this into their music videos and this is because they can afford the production costs, so we would like to try and include this feature in our own music video.

No comments:
Post a Comment